Sunday, August 07, 2005

An Apology


I was in WTC tower II when it happened. I was on the 102nd floor with a group from the Anderson business school for a financial seminar. No one got out alive. Nobody could find the fucking stairwells from the smoke and collapsed ceilings. So people stayed near the broken windows to be able to breath. The flames burned through the floor in places like a fucking blowtorch. Thinking back on it we should have just fought our way through the smoke to the stairwells but it looked like a one-way trip into hell so we didn't. I could see some people in the other tower staring at us through their office windows. The floors below them exploded in flames and they disappeared for a few seconds and then came back to the window. I yelled out "Do you think this is a fucking movie now??" but of course they couldn't hear me. Then a wall of heat hit me and the walls burst into flames. I jumped. God forgive me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home