Monday, August 08, 2005

A Recognition

Often, when we look around with our eyes open, we can notice the common decency that most of us share. Too often, we look at the world with our eyes closed, and see only the worst in each of us.

I finally noticed one particular person, today. When he died. Today I finally thought about him for more than a split second. In his passing from this world, I recognized his decency.

I had perhaps been attracted by it before. Enough so to pay attention when I saw him speaking on television. And today his voice was replayed on television as a memorial of sorts. Reflexively I listened with ears tuned to find disagreement. After a few seconds I caught myself, and stopped listening so harshly.

May I open my eyes more easily. And may he rest in peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home