Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I Wish I Were A Marine


Because I would probably sit up straighter in my office chair. And I would more appreciate the safety you guys buy for my family, not to mention the whole country.

I think it’s true that the more you pay for something, the more you value it. Most Americans never had to work for their safety or freedom. It’s all been given to us. Which explains the widespread lazy cynicism these days. But you guys escaped this easy life and walked straight into the middle of the world that I hope stays on the other side of my television. You lucky bastards. You’re Marines.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, this is a little random but i dont suppose you are the David Parsons that used to be based in the UK in a place called Mildenhall?? Known to your friends as 'ud'????

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home